To build a successful solution or product, you must be agile and progress steadily. But are you asking the right questions, including how well it is expected to work? Have you addressed hidden properties that may impede further progress or even lead to failure?
The training focuses on the importance of defining solution quality attributes (also known as non-functional requirements) and how to elicit them in collaboration with stakeholders, primarily using the Quality Attribute Scenarios approach by Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute. The goal is to help avoid major failures and reach higher satisfaction for both end users and company stakeholders behind the solution by using appropriate techniques.
Understanding of how to build more successful products and systems by paying enough and on-time attention to desired quality attributes.
Learn simple and mature approaches to defining non-functional requirements (with a primary focus on quality attribute workshops and scenarios).
A more realistic understanding of time and efforts needed to define quality attributes and reduced risk of failure for your product, solution, or service.
Module 1. Understanding beyond functionality
• Defining solution quality and non-functional requirements
• World of quality attributes and typical issues
• Basic approaches and techniques for elicitation and definition
• Group practice: Practical cases deep dive, refining business case
Module 2. Quality attributes workshops
• “Nonfunctionality” and software architecture in real life
• Running quality attribute workshops, alignment with business
• Brainstorming quality attribute scenarios
• Group practice: Asking the right questions and using basic techniques
Module 3. Software architecture and scenarios consolidation
• Building generic scenarios
• Approach for common non-functional categories
• Managing scenarios
• Group practice: Defining scenarios in groups, consolidation, and prioritization
Module 4. Refining quality attributes and their scenarios
• Non-functional requirements refinement and tradeoffs
• Summarizing techniques and approaches
• Group practice: Scenarios refinement, key questions, group presentations
People in a group
Lectures + Practice
Yuriy Gaiduchok, CBAP®, Zachman Certified Enterprise Architect (ZCEA), PMC-VI, winner of the Ukrainian IT Awards-2017 in the Business Analysis category, speaker at specialized conferences, President of the Ukrainian Chapter of the IIBA, 20+ years of experience in business analysis and product management.
November 08 (Wednesday) 18:30 - 21:30
November 13 (Monday) 18:30 - 21:30
November 15 (Wednesday) 18:30 - 21:30
November 20 (Monday) 18:30 - 21:30
The course will be useful to a wide audience: system and business analysts, heads of analytical groups and departments, project managers, product owners and product managers.
Questions and answers
How to pay for participation??
- Payment is made through the bank; payment details and an invoice will be sent to you after registration..
What happens if I miss a class?
– It is very undesirable, but we record all lessons and give access to the recording.
What language is the training in?
- The working language of the training is English.
Will I get a certificate??
- Yes, you will get a certificate from Art of Business Analysis that confirms that you have completed the training.
Who will teach/check homework?
– Yuriy Gaiduchok, the author of this training